By Roger B. Ulrich,Caroline K. Quenemoen
A Companion to Roman structure presents a finished overview of the severe matters and ways that experience remodeled scholarly figuring out in fresh many years in a single easy-to-reference volume.
- Offers a cross-disciplinary method of Roman structure, spanning expertise, background, artwork, politics, and archaeology
- Brings jointly contributions via best students in architectural history
- An crucial consultant to fresh scholarship, protecting new archaeological discoveries, lesser recognized structures, new applied sciences and area and construction
- Includes huge, updated bibliography and word list of key Roman architectural terms
Read or Download A Companion to Roman Architecture (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best architecture books
The authors talk about all key elements of the layout of barrier platforms, together with leachate assortment, usual boundaries resembling clayey aquitards, clay liners, geomembrane and composite liners etc. they've got built-in the engineering and hydrogeological issues and the layout of waste disposal amenities to supply a legitimate base from which engineers can paintings.
This instruction manual addresses the query of ways most sensible to regulate caliber in structure for the mutual advantage of layout practices and their consumers. in line with learn from the final twenty years, it explores the final rules, instruments and methods that may be tailored to the original tradition of any layout perform.
While designing, architects are responding to and making a courting among id, tradition and architectural variety. This publication discusses even if the level of using glass facades has elevated, or certainly superior, the production of significant place-making, thereby making a cultural id of 'place'.
Descombes Rampini's initiatives are leading examples of the skillful, spatial blend of structure and panorama structure. In texts, drawings, versions, and images, this monograph offers greater than forty five accomplished tasks and unbuilt designs from the final fifteen years. The ebook covers all scales, starting from spatial making plans and concrete making plans to person engineering buildings.
- The Practice Turn in Architecture: Brussels after 1968 (Ashgate Studies in Architecture)
- Cities for People
- Nexus Network Journal 14,3: Architecture and Mathematics: Volume 14
- Architecture and Participation
- Architecture and Urban Form in Kuala Lumpur: Race and Chinese Spaces in a Postcolonial City
Extra resources for A Companion to Roman Architecture (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Architecture (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Roger B. Ulrich,Caroline K. Quenemoen