By Ron H. Vernon
Read Online or Download A Practical Guide to Rock Microstructure PDF
Best nature & ecology books
Freunden der Natur, der visible und der Meere eröffnet dieses Buch einen Einblick in die oft mikroskopisch kleine Welt des Planktons. Zahlreiche Zeichnungen und Farbtafeln geben einen Eindruck von der Schönheit und Formenvielfalt vieler Plankter. Beispiele aus vielen Gewässern der Erde zeigen, welch wichtige Rolle das Plankton in der Nahrungskette spielt und wie es die Stoffkreisläufe im Wasser und sogar die Atmosphäre beeinflußt.
Marine, coastal and wetland habitats are threatened, via exploitation, and in addition via weather switch, as ocean currents switch direction, sea degrees upward thrust, and rainfall styles swap. This publication gathers papers at the biodiversity conservation of those more and more threatened habitats. The papers offer a picture of the issues they face, and supply various examples which render this quantity invaluable to educators in marine, freshwater and wetlands ecology, conservation and ecological recovery.
Ocean Biogeochemical Dynamics offers a vast theoretical framework upon which graduate scholars and upper-level undergraduates can formulate an knowing of the tactics that keep an eye on the suggest focus and distribution of biologically applied components and compounds within the ocean. even though it's written as a textbook, it's going to even be of curiosity to extra complex scientists as a wide-ranging synthesis of our current figuring out of ocean biogeochemical procedures.
This examine offers real facts compiled from box experiments and investigations, and gives some degree of reference for any destiny adjustments linked to anthropogenic task in semiarid ecosystems. 3 years of continuing and rigorous empirical examine on biodiversity (from phytoplankton to raised crops and from zooplankton to better animals – all natural world) in India’s semiarid zone have culminated during this paintings.
- Sustainable Land Management in the Tropics: Explaining the Miracle (International Land Management Series)
- Micro Irrigation Systems in India: Emergence, Status and Impacts (India Studies in Business and Economics)
- Lake Ecology in Kashmir, India: Impact of Environmental Features on the Biodiversity of Urban Lakes
- A Century of Maritime Science: The St. Andrews Biological Station
- Trap Magmatism and Ore Formation in the Siberian Noril'sk Region: Volume 2. Atlas of Magmatic Rocks (Modern Approaches in Solid Earth Sciences)
- Comparative Biogeography: Discovering and Classifying Biogeographical Patterns of a Dynamic Earth (Species and Systematics)
Extra info for A Practical Guide to Rock Microstructure
A Practical Guide to Rock Microstructure by Ron H. Vernon