By George G. Roussas
"The textual content is splendidly written and has the most
comprehensive variety of workout difficulties that i've got ever seen." — Tapas ok. Das, collage of South Florida
"The exposition is excellent; a mix among conversational tones and formal arithmetic; definitely the right blend for a math textual content at [this] point. In my exam i'll locate no example the place i may increase the book." — H. Pat Goeters, Auburn, college, Alabama
* includes greater than 2 hundred illustrative examples mentioned intimately, plus rankings of numerical examples and applications
* Chapters 1-8 can be utilized independently for an introductory path in probability
* presents a considerable variety of proofs
Read or Download An Introduction to Probability and Statistical Inference PDF
Best probability & statistics books
Designed for researchers and scholars, Nonlinear instances sequence: concept, tools and functions with R Examples familiarizes readers with the rules in the back of nonlinear time sequence models—without overwhelming them with tough mathematical advancements. by means of targeting uncomplicated rules and concept, the authors provide readers the heritage required to craft their very own stochastic types, numerical tools, and software program.
For one- or two-semester easy likelihood classes within the departments of arithmetic, Physics, Engineering, statistics, Actuarial technology, Operations learn, and desktop technological know-how. chance is gifted in a really clear way during this textual content: via attention-grabbing and instructive examples and workouts that inspire the idea, definitions, theorems, and technique.
Initially released in 1996, it is a presentation of a few advanced difficulties of discrete arithmetic in an easy and unified shape utilizing an unique, common combinatorial scheme. The author's target isn't consistently to offer the main normal effects, yet relatively to concentration recognition on ones that illustrate the tools defined.
Researchers usually don't examine nonreplicated experiments statistically simply because they're unusual with current statistical tools that could be appropriate. research of Messy facts, quantity II info the statistical equipment applicable for nonreplicated experiments and explores how you can use statistical software program to make the mandatory computations possible.
- Stochastic Differential Games. Theory and Applications: 2 (Atlantis Studies in Probability and Statistics)
- Stereology for Statisticians (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs on Statistics & Applied Probability)
- SAS and R: Data Management, Statistical Analysis, and Graphics, Second Edition
- Elementary Statistics
- Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
Additional resources for An Introduction to Probability and Statistical Inference
An Introduction to Probability and Statistical Inference by George G. Roussas