By Sanford Weisberg
Praise for the Third Edition
"...this is a superb publication that may simply be used as a path text..."
—International Statistical Institute
The Fourth Edition of Applied Linear Regression provides an intensive replace of the fundamental idea and method of linear regression modeling. Demonstrating the sensible purposes of linear regression research recommendations, the Fourth Edition uses fascinating, real-world routines and examples.
Stressing relevant recommendations reminiscent of version development, knowing parameters, assessing healthy and reliability, and drawing conclusions, the recent version illustrates easy methods to strengthen estimation, self assurance, and trying out strategies essentially by using least squares regression. whereas protecting the available attraction of every prior edition,Applied Linear Regression, Fourth Edition features:
- Graphical tools under pressure within the preliminary exploratory part, research section, and summarization section of an analysis
- In-depth insurance of parameter estimates in either easy and intricate versions, ameliorations, and regression diagnostics
- Newly extra fabric on issues together with checking out, ANOVA, and variance assumptions
- Updated technique, equivalent to bootstrapping, cross-validation binomial and Poisson regression, and smooth version choice methods
Applied Linear Regression, Fourth Edition is a superb textbook for upper-undergraduate and graduate-level scholars, in addition to a suitable reference advisor for practitioners and utilized statisticians in engineering, company management, economics, and the social sciences.
Read or Download Applied Linear Regression (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) PDF
Best probability & statistics books
Designed for researchers and scholars, Nonlinear occasions sequence: conception, tools and purposes with R Examples familiarizes readers with the foundations in the back of nonlinear time sequence models—without overwhelming them with tricky mathematical advancements. by means of targeting uncomplicated rules and conception, the authors supply readers the history required to craft their very own stochastic versions, numerical tools, and software program.
For one- or two-semester simple chance classes within the departments of arithmetic, Physics, Engineering, information, Actuarial technology, Operations study, and laptop technology. likelihood is gifted in a truly clear way during this textual content: via attention-grabbing and instructive examples and workouts that inspire the idea, definitions, theorems, and technique.
Initially released in 1996, it is a presentation of a few complicated difficulties of discrete arithmetic in an easy and unified shape utilizing an unique, basic combinatorial scheme. The author's goal isn't consistently to give the main common effects, yet quite to concentration cognizance on ones that illustrate the tools defined.
Researchers frequently don't examine nonreplicated experiments statistically simply because they're strange with current statistical tools which may be appropriate. research of Messy facts, quantity II info the statistical tools acceptable for nonreplicated experiments and explores how you can use statistical software program to make the necessary computations possible.
- Quantitative Evaluation of Safety in Drug Development: Design, Analysis and Reporting (Chapman & Hall/CRC Biostatistics Series)
- Discrete Gambling and Stochastic Games (Stochastic Modelling and Applied Probability)
- Introduction to Robust Estimation and Hypothesis Testing (Statistical Modeling and Decision Science)
- Fourier Analysis in Probability Theory (Probability and mathematical statistics)
Additional resources for Applied Linear Regression (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)
Applied Linear Regression (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) by Sanford Weisberg