By S'Pore Economics Society of S'Pore,Donald Low
Analysts of presidency have usually famous how Singapore's rules are grounded in rigorous economics considering. guidelines are designed to be economically effective no matter if they aren't constantly well known. This pioneering booklet takes a special technique. It goals to illustrate how winning guidelines in Singapore have built-in traditional financial rules with insights from the rising box of behavioural economics even prior to the latter grew to become renowned. utilizing examples from a variety of coverage domain names, it indicates how reliable coverage layout usually calls for a synthesis of insights from economics and psychology. rules usually are not merely be appropriate with monetary incentives, yet must also be delicate to the cognitive talents, boundaries and biases of voters. Written by way of coverage practitioners within the Singapore executive, this e-book is a crucial advent to how behavioural economics and the findings from cognitive psychology should be intelligently utilized to the layout of public rules. As one of many few books written at the topic, it gives you to stimulate wider curiosity within the topic between researchers, policymakers and a person attracted to the layout of potent public policies.
- Cognition, selection and coverage layout (Donald LOW)
- Key rules in Behavioural Economics — and What They suggest for coverage layout (KOH Tsin Yen)
- Incentives, Norms and Public coverage (Charmaine TAN and Donald LOW)
- A Behavioural viewpoint to coping with traffic jam in Singapore (LEONG Wai Yan and LEW Yii Der)
- Can Psychology retailer the Planet and increase the environment (Philip ONG)
- Promoting pageant in electrical energy Retail: Insights from Behavioural Economics (Eugene TOH and Vivienne LOW)
- Discretionary Transfers: offering financial aid in a Behaviourally suitable manner (Pamela QIU and TAN Li San)
- Using Behavioural Insights to enhance person healthiness judgements (Lavinia LOW and YEE Yiling)
- A Behavioural View on Designing Singapore's nationwide Annuity Scheme (Donald LOW)
- Behavioural Economics, coverage research, and the layout of Regulatory Reform (Jack KNETSCH)
Readership: Policymakers, researchers and common readers with curiosity in policymaking in Singapore — in terms of behavioural monetary theories.
Read Online or Download Behavioural Economics and Policy Design:Examples from Singapore PDF
Similar behavioural sciences books
Psychophysics: a realistic program is a single-volume textual content that covers the rudimentary ideas of psychophysical equipment and the sensible instruments which are vital for processing facts from psychophysical experiments and assessments. It makes advanced thoughts and tactics comprehensible for newbies and non-experts in psychophysics.
It's well known that innovation is important to maintain luck in company, govt, and engineering. yet taking pictures the powerful technique of fostering innovation is still elusive. How can firms actively advertise innovation, which arises from a fancy blend of cognition and area services?
Sleek medication allows us to maintain many of us alive once they have suffered critical mind harm and convey no trustworthy outward indicators of recognition. Many such sufferers are misdiagnosed as being in an everlasting vegetative kingdom after they are literally in a minimally wide awake country. this error has far-reaching implications for therapy and diagnosis.
Initially released in 1978, this quantity displays the lawsuits of a convention held in February 1977 in California and is a average successor to the sooner quantity Eye hobbies and mental techniques (Monty & Senders, 1976). the second one convention was once aimed toward delivering a better chance for discussing the "higher psychological approaches" touched on within the first quantity.
- Music and Memory: An Introduction (MIT Press)
- Eisenbahn und Fernbus. Ein ganzheitlicher Vergleich der Reiseanbieter (German Edition)
- Models of Thinking (Psychology Revivals)
- Macrocognition Metrics and Scenarios: Design and Evaluation for Real-World Teams
Extra info for Behavioural Economics and Policy Design:Examples from Singapore
Behavioural Economics and Policy Design:Examples from Singapore by S'Pore Economics Society of S'Pore,Donald Low