By R. Launius
Read or Download Exploring the Solar System: The History and Science of Planetary Exploration (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology) PDF
Similar astronomy books
ROSAT Observations G. HASINGER Max-Planck-Institut flir extraterrestrische Physik, D-85740 Garching, Germany summary. This overview describes the latest advances within the examine of the extragalactic smooth X-ray heritage and what we will be able to know about its ingredients. The inner most pointed observations with the ROSAT PSPC are mentioned.
This quantity features a choice of chapters in keeping with papers to be provided on the 5th Statistical demanding situations in smooth Astronomy Symposium. The symposium might be held June 13-15th at Penn nation collage. smooth astronomical examine faces an enormous diversity of statistical matters that have spawned a revival in methodological task between astronomers.
This sixth variation of “Tools of Radio Astronomy”, the main used introductory textual content in radio astronomy, has been revised to mirror the present kingdom of this crucial department of astronomy. This contains using satellites, low radio frequencies, the millimeter/sub-mm universe, the Cosmic Microwave history and the elevated value of mm/sub-mm dirt emission.
The life of blue straggler stars, which seem more youthful, warmer, and extra titanic than their siblings, is at odds with an easy photo of stellar evolution. Such stars must have exhausted their nuclear gasoline and advanced some time past to turn into cooling white dwarfs. they're chanced on to exist in globular clusters, open clusters, dwarf spheroidal galaxies of the neighborhood crew, OB institutions and as box stars.
- Lunar Orbiter Photographic Atlas of the Near Side of the Moon
- Outskirts of Galaxies (Astrophysics and Space Science Library)
- Determination of Atmospheric Parameters of B-, A-, F- and G-Type Stars: Lectures from the School of Spectroscopic Data Analyses (GeoPlanet: Earth and Planetary Sciences)
- Women in Early British and Irish Astronomy: Stars and Satellites
- Growing Black Holes: Accretion in a Cosmological Context: Proceedings of the MPA / ESO / MPE / USM Joint Astronomy Conference Held at Garching, Germany, 21-25 June 2004 (ESO Astrophysics Symposia)
- Open Issues in Local Star Formation (Astrophysics and Space Science Library)
Extra resources for Exploring the Solar System: The History and Science of Planetary Exploration (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
Exploring the Solar System: The History and Science of Planetary Exploration (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology) by R. Launius