By J.J. Duistermaat
This textual content is appropriate for mathematicians and (theoretical) physicists with an curiosity in (linear) partial differential equations, in particular in wave propagation, rep. WKB-methods. Familiarity with research (distributions and Fourier transformation) and differential geometry comes in handy. also, this booklet is designed for a one-semester introductory direction on Fourier vital operators aimed toward a huge audience.
Read or Download Fourier Integral Operators (Modern Birkhäuser Classics) PDF
Similar differential equations books
Extending and generalizing the result of rational equations, Dynamics of 3rd Order Rational distinction Equations with Open difficulties and Conjectures specializes in the boundedness nature of recommendations, the worldwide balance of equilibrium issues, the periodic personality of ideas, and the convergence to periodic ideas, together with their periodic trichotomies.
This learn monograph bargains with a modeling conception of the procedure of Navier-Stokes-Fourier equations for a Newtonian fluid governing a compressible viscous and warmth engaging in flows. the most target is threefold. First , to 'deconstruct' this Navier-Stokes-Fourier procedure that allows you to unify the puzzle of a few of the partial simplified approximate versions utilized in Newtonian Classical Fluid Dynamics and this, first part, have evidently a difficult strategy and a vital pedagogic effect at the college schooling.
The e-book discusses non-stop and discrete structures in systematic and sequential methods for all points of nonlinear dynamics. the original function of the e-book is its mathematical theories on circulate bifurcations, oscillatory ideas, symmetry research of nonlinear platforms and chaos conception. The logically established content material and sequential orientation supply readers with an international assessment of the subject.
This ebook presents an creation to the topological class of soft structurally strong diffeomorphisms on closed orientable 2- and 3-manifolds. The topological category is without doubt one of the major difficulties of the idea of dynamical platforms and the consequences awarded during this ebook are in most cases for dynamical structures fulfilling Smale's Axiom A.
- A Variational Approach to Lyapunov Type Inequalities: From ODEs to PDEs (SpringerBriefs in Mathematics)
- THEORY OF CAUSAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS: 5 (Atlantis Studies in Mathematics for Engineering and Science)
- Handbook of Differential Equations: Stationary Partial Differential Equations: 1 (Handbook of Differential Equations S)
- Interfacial Convection in Multilayer Systems: 179 (Applied Mathematical Sciences)
- Partielle Differentialgleichungen der Geometrie und der Physik 2: Funktionalanalytische Lösungsmethoden (Springer-Lehrbuch Masterclass) (German Edition)
- Brownian Motion, Obstacles and Random Media (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
Extra resources for Fourier Integral Operators (Modern Birkhäuser Classics)
Fourier Integral Operators (Modern Birkhäuser Classics) by J.J. Duistermaat