By Harriet A. Harris
Read Online or Download Fundamentalism and Evangelicals (Oxford Theological Monographs) PDF
Best christian theology books
The De Doctrina Christiana ("On Christian Teaching") is considered one of Augustine's most vital works at the classical culture. Undertaken even as the Confessions, is sheds mild at the improvement of Augustine's inspiration, in particular within the components of ethics, hermeneutics, and sign-theory. what's best, notwithstanding, is its cautious try to point out accurately what components of a classical schooling are helpful for a Christian, andhow the precepts of Ciceronian rhetoric can be utilized to speak Christian fact.
For a millennium and a part in China, Christianity has been perceived as a international faith for a international humans. This quantity investigates quite a few ancient makes an attempt to articulate a chinese language Christianity, evaluating the jobs that Western and Latin varieties of Christian theology have performed with the aptitude function of jap Orthodox theology.
The Iberian Peninsula is one among Europe's such a lot ornithologically diversified areas delivering a number of local specialities. It comprises well-known birding hotspots comparable to the Coto Donaña wetlands, mountainous components akin to the Picos de Europa and the Pyrenees, the Mediterranean cork and holm oak forests of the southwest, the migration crossroads of the Strait of Gibraltar and the steppe-like plains of Extremadura and Alentejo.
Exploring quite a number matters from the human genome undertaking to Kierkegaard's worry and Trembling, the poetry of Jorie Graham to feminist Christian paintings, the individuals pose questions round the subject matter 'Body and Voice'. Questions raised comprise: 'Who speaks for the foetus and on what foundation? '; 'What influence does the near-sacrifice of Isaac have on mom Sarah's physique?
- Death and the Afterlife in Byzantium: The Fate of the Soul in Theology, Liturgy, and Art
- The Oxford Handbook of Nineteenth-Century Christian Thought (Oxford Handbooks)
- Tamil Folk Music as Dalit Liberation Theology (Ethnomusicology Multimedia)
- Hope and Christian Ethics (New Studies in Christian Ethics)
- Islam's Issues, Agendas, and the Great Commission (Mission Muslim World University Book 1)
- C. G. Jung and Hans Urs von Balthasar: God and evil - A critical comparison (Research in Analytical Psychology and Jungian Studies)
Extra resources for Fundamentalism and Evangelicals (Oxford Theological Monographs)
Fundamentalism and Evangelicals (Oxford Theological Monographs) by Harriet A. Harris