By Ulrich Hilpert
This guide offers a accomplished worldwide survey of the politics of expertise. Written by means of a good line up of exotic students within the box, the guide covers all features of the connection among politics and know-how including:
- Demand and help for brand new applied sciences and innovation via the state
- The results of expertise policies
- Technology improvement and innovation distinction among quite a few nations and regions
- Policy tools and techno-industrial innovation
- Dynamism and alter as results of presidency policies
- Driving forces for technological know-how and leading edge development
Forming the root of this instruction manual are examples of nearby improvement, kingdom stories and a wealthy number of applied sciences, in addition to topical matters similar to divergent political pursuits relating to expertise and the industrial exploitation of applied sciences. utilizing a comparative and interdisciplinary technique with the intention to examine the interaction among executive actions and the advance of recent applied sciences, this guide may be a useful source for all scholars, students and practitioners operating within the politics of know-how, public coverage and coverage analysis.
Read Online or Download Routledge Handbook of Politics and Technology (Routledge Handbooks) PDF
Similar international affairs books
The partnership among India and Taiwan is positioned in a digital maze of complicated political elements. Given the center factor of contestation of Taiwan’s political prestige in international affairs and India’s adherence to the “One China” coverage, the connection continues to be a delicate one for either companions. lately, Taiwan has signed the Cross-Strait fiscal Cooperation Framework contract (ECFA) with Mainland China.
Peter Beyer has been a crucial determine within the debate approximately faith and globalization for a few years, this quantity is a set of essays at the relation among faith and globalization with targeted emphasis at the inspiration of faith, its glossy types and at the relation of faith to the kingdom.
The United States in danger gathers unique essays through a distinctive and bipartisan workforce of writers and intellectuals to deal with a question that issues to american citizens of each political persuasion: what are the various maximum hazards dealing with the United States this day? The solutions, which variety from dwindling political participation to emerging poverty, and faith to empire, upload as much as a priceless and well timed portrait of a selected second within the heritage of yank principles.
The problem of Hegemony explains how overseas forces subtly impact overseas, monetary, and protection rules of declining international powers. utilizing detail-rich case reports, this sweeping examine integrates household and systemic coverage to give an explanation for those international locations' grand suggestions. The publication concludes with a dialogue of the consequences for the way forward for American international coverage.
- Selected Writings of John A. Hobson 1932-1938: The Struggle for the International Mind (Routledge Studies in Globalisation)
- The Handbook of Global Security Policy (HGP - Handbooks of Global Policy)
- La Crimée entre Russie et Ukraine: Un conflit qui n'a pas eu lieu (Voisinages européens t. 9) (French Edition)
- Linking Trade and Security: Evolving Institutions and Strategies in Asia, Europe, and the United States: 1 (The Political Economy of the Asia Pacific)
- The International Ambitions of Mao and Nehru
- Millennial Reflections on International Studies
Extra resources for Routledge Handbook of Politics and Technology (Routledge Handbooks)
Routledge Handbook of Politics and Technology (Routledge Handbooks) by Ulrich Hilpert