By Ben Mijuskovic
This ebook offers an complex, interdisciplinary assessment of loneliness that examines the relation of recognition to loneliness. It perspectives loneliness from the interior as a common human instead of trying to clarify it away as an aberration, a psychological sickness, or a short lived country to be addressed by way of superficial treatment and psychiatric medication.
• presents key perception into the dynamics of loneliness, permitting readers so as to realize its resources and counter its insidious and invidious force—not basically in one's self, yet in others as well
• provides cross-disciplinary views that addresses and evaluations either philosophical and mental perspectives on loneliness
• studies the works and phrases of philosophers from Descartes to Kant and Wittgenstein, and of psychologists from Freud to Erikson, Fromm, and Mahler
• Authored by way of a former psychological well-being therapist who has taught philosophy for greater than 30 years
Read Online or Download Feeling Lonesome: The Philosophy and Psychology of Loneliness: The Philosophy and Psychology of Loneliness PDF
Similar consciousness & thought books
The assumption of the internal is crucial to our inspiration of an individual and but is much from being philosophically understood. This booklet deals a finished account of Wittgenstein's paintings at the topic and provides a forceful problem to modern perspectives. Written in a non-technical and obtainable sort, it throws new gentle either on Wittgenstein's paintings and at the challenge of the internal self.
To symbolize and look at time is among the such a lot primary and least understood facets of human cognition and realization. This publication sheds new mild on primary matters within the examine of the brain by means of uniting, for the 1st time, mental and philosophical ways facing the relationship among temporal illustration and reminiscence.
The connection among empathy and morality has lengthy been debated. Adam Smith and David Hume famously argued that our tendency to think with our fellow people performed a foundational function in morality. And whereas fresh many years have obvious a resurgence of curiosity within the concept that empathy or sympathy is critical to ethical judgment and motivation, the view is still more and more attacked.
The Mind–Body challenge: A Psychobiological technique examines the mind-body challenge from a psychobiological standpoint. It intends to teach that the belief of a separate psychological entity is not just unwarranted via the on hand info and the present mental versions, yet collides head-on with the main basic principles of all sleek technology and is therefore a stumbling block to development.
- Representing Humanity in the Age of Enlightenment (The Enlightenment World)
- The Nature of Desire
- The Philosophy of Public Health
- Self-Reflection for the Opaque Mind: An Essay in Neo-Sellarsian Philosophy (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy)
Extra info for Feeling Lonesome: The Philosophy and Psychology of Loneliness: The Philosophy and Psychology of Loneliness
Feeling Lonesome: The Philosophy and Psychology of Loneliness: The Philosophy and Psychology of Loneliness by Ben Mijuskovic