Is Gaia changing into Thanatia, a source exhausted planet? for a way lengthy can our high-tech society be sustained within the mild of declining mineral ore grades, heavy dependence on un-recycled serious metals and sped up fabric dispersion? those are all root motives of destiny disruptions that must be addressed today.
This e-book offers a cradle-to-cradle view of the Earth's abiotic assets via a unique and rigorous process in response to the second one legislations of Thermodynamics: warmth dissipates and fabrics become worse and disperse. caliber is irreversibly misplaced. this permits for the overview of such depletion and will be used to estimate the 12 months the place creation of the most mineral commodities may possibly succeed in its zenith. by means of postulating Thanatia, one acquires a feeling of future and a priority for a unified worldwide administration of the planet's abiotic source endowment.
The ebook covers the middle facets of geology, geochemistry, mining, metallurgy, economics, the surroundings, thermodynamics and thermochemistry. it truly is supported by way of complete databases regarding mineral assets, together with certain compositions of the Earth's layers, thermochemical homes of over three hundred ingredients, old power and mineral source inventories, power intake and environmental affects within the mining and metallurgical quarter and global recycling premiums of commodities.
- The Threads: Minerals, economic system and Thermodynamics:
- The Depletion of Non-Renewable Abiotic Resources
- Economic as opposed to Thermodynamic Accounting
- From Thermodynamics to Economics and Ecology
- Physical Geonomics: A Cradle-Grave-Cradle process for Mineral Depletion Assessment
- Over the Rainbow: From Nature to Industry:
- The Geochemistry of the Earth
- The assets of the Earth
- An creation to Mining and Metallurgy
- Metallurgy of Key Minerals
- Down the Rainbow: From Grave to Cradle:
- Thermodynamics of Mineral Resources
- Thanatia and the Crepuscular Earth Model
- The Exergy of the Earth and Its Mineral Resources
- The Exergy alternative expenditures of Mineral Wealth
- The Exergy Evolution of Mineral Wealth
- Tying the Rainbows: in the direction of a Rational administration of Resources:
- Recycling Solutions
- The problem of source Depletion
- The ideas of source Efficiency
Readership: Thermodynamicists, geologists, economists, coverage makers, and mining, environmental and chemical engineers.